Creating inspirational work experience and workplace visits
Experience of work for children and young people remains one of the most common ways in which businesses support schools, yet according to the CBI Pearson’s Education and Skills Survey (2017), businesses point to widespread weaknesses in practical work experience opportunities school and college leavers have.
The Work Inspiration Toolkit is a practical guide to support businesses to provide inspirational work experience and workplace visits for young people at school.
The purpose of the workshop
- Receive an introduction to the work inspiration toolkit and the stages involved in preparing for a work placement or a workplace visit
- Consider how they can reach socially disadvantaged young people and encourage underrepresented groups to become inspired to work in their business and industry
- Consider the business benefits of offering great experiences of work for children and young people
- To understand the school context and why experiences of work can work differently from school to school within the UK
- Support organisations who are new to providing work experience and workplace visits to consider how to provide effective and inspiring experiences of work by taking a deeper dive into BITC’s online toolkit.
The workshop will be of most benefit to participants who:
- Are considering putting a structured programme of work experience and workplace visits into their business
- Already offer work experience and are considering reviewing their offer
- Work for large or small businesses
Who should attend
- Members that are senior manager level within an SME
- Members that are manager level in human resources, corporate or community affairs in larger companies
Please note this workshop is for BITC members only and requires one credit for two people. If you have not yet renewed your membership onto BITC'S new proposition this is included in your current membership fee.
Light refreshments will be served.
Contact for more information
Please contact Cheryl Phillips <Cheryl.Phillips@bitc.org.uk>,Head of Campaigning, Education for more information.
Full joining instructions will be disclosed on booking.