What if we could build a smarter approach to resource management, using resources more productively and transforming the waste we produce into new products and services, in a circular way that is fit for long-term wealth creation in the 21st century?
- Set targets to improve the productivity of resources that are key for our business
- Work collectively towards doubling the nation’s resource productivity and eliminating avoidable waste by 2030, contributing in the way that is most relevant to our business
- Redesign how resources are used in our products, services and operations
- Collaborate across our organisations, value chains and sectors
- Reconvene and report on progress annually to share learning and demonstrate results
- Be inspired by and learn from the stories of organisations leading in resource productivity and circularity
- Understand how to get off the starting block or build on existing initiatives - mapping out your resource use, waste and stakeholders, identifying where you can have greatest impact, and developing an action plan for your organisation
- Consider what kinds of resource productivity and waste targets you might set and how they will help you to achieve financial, environmental and social benefits.
- Consider how you might work with your value chain (suppliers and customers) to achieve greater resource productivity and circularity
- Look for opportunities to collaborate and learn how to do that successfully